jeudi 13 octobre 2016

Hello from Strasbourg!

Hi everyone!
We are also very excited to speak and exchange with you!
Most of us know LEFA. Most of us listen to rap music: you should listen to Sexion d'Assaut, Nekfeu, PNL or Gizmo.
Stromae is very famous, he is Belgian but he is one of the most famous singers at the moment.
If you are more into pop music, you should listen to Frero Delavega!
Actually, we listen to a lot of American groups like Eminem, Tupac, Drake, Rihanna, Beyoncé...
We would love to see what your school looks like and know more about your school system!
See you soon!

27 commentaires:

  1. Bonjour/What's up!
    Je m'appelle Zxyla et j'aime la musique de rap aussi.
    I also listen to Tupac and all the other artists you mentioned. Some popular rappers and artists here right now are Future, Chris Brown, Ciara, Jhené Aiko and my favorite... Trey Songz.
    Mais, dans ma temps libre, je joue au basket avec mon pére et mes coéquipières.
    Je connais quelque joueurs français.
    Ma première question: What's the most popular sport there?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hello Zxyla ! How are you ?
      My name is Nafissa and I'm very happy to can talking with you c:
      I don't listen rap music cause I don't like the singers' mentalities sometimes (I did'nt say that they are ALL like this XD. I find some French rappers totaly riduculous trying to be "thug")
      I prefer Vocaloid (it is in Japanese or in English and it gives a lot of kind of music), and my favorites French singers, are :
      - Mr.Yéyé, it's rock music with very good lyrics, and he's a beginner, not very known. You should see : https://youtu.be/00Ch3xnjB2Q
      - Indila, because I love her voice and her texts ! :D
      Personaly I am not the biggest fan of sport, to say that I don't like it (Ok it was'nt the simplest sentence to tell it, sorry). Yet I love drawing :D !
      I don't like sport, but I can tell you that the most popular sport in France is the football.
      During the World Cup, if the French team scored a goal, people in street were screaming (of joy) and beeping. So you can know the score even if you aren't watching the match XD (good luck to sleep)
      Now, I have a question for you or/and your group !
      Why do you learn French (if it is an option) ? Do you like it ?

      Supprimer
    2. Hey Nafissa!
      How are you? I hope you're good and yeah I feel you on new rappers trying to portray a thug when they aren't lol. That's sweet that you draw though, I can't draw lol.
      Mais, je suis choisi apprendre la langue francaise parce que je veux parler à les gens francais et aller à France. Mais, seulement un peu des gens dans mon école apprendent ou parlent francais.
      Quel genre de films regardes-tu?

      Supprimer
    3. Hello! What's up ?
      My name is Jaad, but I am a men! I went to Spain on holidays one week whit my family! And I came home just yesterday, that's why I answer to you too late...
      I love rap music, especially american rap. I listen mainly rap, everyday and everywhere! (in the bus, at home and whit friends). My favorite rapper is Tupac, for me he is by far the best! I like his charisma, his personality, his style... he looked cool! But he died 20 years ago...it's sad... But before, he has left behind him a lot of masterpiece whose my favorite song : "Do for love".
      But I don't just listen to Tupac, indeed I listen to a lot of rappers like Cousin Stizz, 50 cent, Desiigner, Fetty Wap, Future, Kent Jones, T.I., The Notorious B.I.G., Eminem... so a lot...
      I love basketball, and I practice too sport! but not just during my free time... yes I train nearly everyday... My sport is track and field, and I go to the track 5th a week in order to became better! Track and field is my passion and I'm in sport-study program. Do you have something like this in your high school ? Or do you have friends who do sport in high level ? If yes in which sport ?
      And like Nafissa said, the most popular sport in France is football... It's a very good sport sur! But in France the other sport are not enhanced... sad reality. I don't like this because I would like to become a professional athlete one day, it's my dream and I work hard to achieve it! But in France, it's very hard to living well financially when you are an athlete...
      And you ? Do you have a dream ? What do yo want to do later ?

      Supprimer
    4. (for Zxyla)
      I feel good and you ? :D
      Don't worry, with practice you can draw everything you want XD !
      I hope if you will came in France that you will have a very nice time !
      If you aren't a lot to learn French, it's certainly because you aren't forced to learn it I presume (or you have some options). In France we have to learn 2 languages (with the French), but since we live in Alsace (next to Germany), we have to learn German first and after English in secondary school, yet exceptions exist for us. Now in high school we can learn English, German, Spanish, Portuguese even Arabic.

      I prefer Japanese Animation film, like My Neighbor Totoro, or Spirited away ("Le Voyage de Chihiro" in French), I also like film like Shrek, Monster & Co etc, as I know them since I'm little XD. I have some exception too, I saw Shutter Island 2 years ago, I love the story !
      And you ? What kind of film do you prefer ?
      Otherwise are'nt you scared too much for your presidential election ? X'D Good luck with them.

      Supprimer
    5. Salut Jaad!
      Je n'ai jamais allé à l'Espagne mais je veux aller parce qu'il semble très beau et exotique et j'adore les pays exotique! As-tu d'Espagne? Y va-tu souvent avec ton famille? Mais oui, j'aime Tupac, il est une légende dans la musique de rap et hip-hop.. il est iconique et très très populaire aujourd'hui. Tu dois écouter à Trey Songz parce qu'il très talentueux et beau. Il a beaucoup des supporteurs ici.
      A lot of people also call Tupac the "G.O.A.T" which stands for the greatest of all time. But yes, I actually do know a lot of people who play sports at a high level or are going to very soon. My current basketball coach used to play pro ball overseas in Puerto Rico. A lot of my friends from other schools are also on their way to playing pro. Here's a video that features a few of them. https://youtu.be/s5JYukXOdQ4
      Yes I do indeed have a dream to hopefully become a WNBA player. I really just want to play ball.

      Supprimer
  2. Bonjour/ Hi everyone!
    Je m'appelle Savannah et j'aime la musique de rap mais j'aime la musique de country aussi. I don't know how many of you guys like country but some of my favorite artists are Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Florida Georgia Lines, and The Dixie Chicks. I just went to a Dixie Chicks concert last weekend with my mom and a friend and they were so good! J'aime aller aux concerts avec mes amis dans le weekend quand nous avons le temps.
    Ma question: Qu'est-ce que vous aimez faire avec votre amis/amies?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Savannah
      I am very excited to speak and exchange with you!
      My name is Yanis , I also listen rap music and my favourite singer was PNL and Jul .
      But I like too Funk and Disco music. For instance, Carmen Electra “Time to move” and “Eyes of tiger” of the old movie Scarface . Sadly I’m not a fan of country , because country is really american but I am really open minded and attentive . Me and my friend when we go outside , we eat fast-food or play soccer. I would like to know your favourite sport and dish ? For me it’s soccer and all combat sport. For my favourite dish is couscous because I come from Morocco .
      See you soon . :)

      Supprimer
    2. Salut Yanis!
      I am a dancer so I would say that my favorite sport is dance but a lot of people don't consider it to be a sport. Besides dance, when I hang out with my friends, I like to play soccer and basketball. Ma nourriture favorite est la spaghetti parce que quand ma mère n'est pas travailler, elle cuisine la recette de ma grand-mère. Ma famille est très proche donc nous aimons voyager et cuisiner ensemble. Qu'est-ce que tu aimes faire avec ta famille?

      Supprimer
  3. Bonjour/ Hi!
    Je m'appelle Marah. I actually don't listen to a lot of rap music. J'aime la groupe La Femme et la groupe the Arctic Monkeys. I also really like 80s music. J'aime aller aux concerts mais je préfère aller au théâtre. Je veux regarder la pièce Hamilton.
    Ma question: Aimez-vous aller au théâtre?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Marah ! My name is Imane (I talk with you by my sister’s account, because mine doesn’t work ) , and I'm really happy to get to know you! I don't know the music groups you mention and the 80s music, but I would be happy to discover that. I can't answer your question for the moment, simply because I have never been to the theater yet. But this year, I will go over there with my high school.
      I like, in my free time, listen to music (I listen some rap music, but like you I don't often listen it), go downtown with my friends, drawing (especially mangas), and I love reading novels and mangas. I read a lot of American authors' books, like Shades of London, by Maureen Johnson, or Legacy by Cayla Kluver (I read it in French of course). But the volumes of the American books series appear later in France, and it's a torture to wait their publication!
      And you do you like reading? And if yes, what is your favorite book?

      Supprimer
    2. Salut Imane! I have never heard of those books. J'aime la série des romans de Harry Potter. Ils sont mes livres favorites mais aussi je lis les livres de fiction historique. J'aime lire mais je préfère regarder le film. mon genre favorite est comédie. Quel genre de film préfères-tu? Aussi, fais-tu du sport? Je joue au volley.

      Supprimer
    3. Hello Marah!

      I'm not Imane, but I saw that you like the "Harry Potter" novels, which are my favourite books : I'm a Potterhead since I'm 8 years old. So I thought it would be a good idea to write here.
      My name is Coline, a french medieval name, and I'm 16. I don't like rap and R&B music, except when lyrics are fighting for a great cause. For example, I think many songs of Soprano, a french rap artist, are quite good. In my opinion, lyrics are very important in music, that's why I don't like some singers who always talk about love/girl- or boyfriends/drug/money and so on...
      I like 80s music too, because I grow up with OMD, Simple Minds, Midnight oil and the others: my parents are very nostalgics! But my favourite kind of music is rockmusic. I love Green Day, I think it's the best music group ever. Do you know? But I like Anti-Flag, Linkin-Park, Nirvana and Queen too. At the moment, I listen to Skyclad a lot. It's a british group, who does folk-metal (it's a kind of metal whith celtics traces). Do you listen to rock music sometimes?
      Otherwise, I'm mad about literature. I like reading french classic authors' (like Emile Zola or Victor Hugo) books, but I like american novels too: I enjoyed Hunger Games and Divergent. I think that these books, beyond their recreational dimension, aim at make people aware of many society problems!
      I like poetry and theater too. I surfed the net to discover what "Hamilton" is talking about, and it seems to be very excited!!
      During my free-time, I read, I dance or I run, but I like to watch movies with my boyfriend or go to the city-center with my friends too.
      My dream is to become a novelist, so I think that I will study literature or journalism after Highschool. And you, what's your dream ?

      See ya !

      Supprimer
    4. Salut Coline!
      That's cool that you like "Harry Potter" too. J'aime Simple Minds et Greenday aussi. Je connais Nirvana et Queen, mais je ne connais pas Anti-Flag et Linkin-Park. J'écoute de la musique rock alternatif mais je n'écoute pas de la musique juste rock. Je veux devenir un cinéaste.
      Nice talking to you!

      Supprimer
    5. Hi Marah !It's Imane! Sorry for being late. My account finally works (more or less)! It's not too soon, I waited a long time !
      Oh, me too, I love Harry Potter ! I read all the books and watched all the movies. I like watching films, especially action movies. At home I have got a lot of dvds of différent kinds of films, including comedy (but only a few).
      This year, I don't practice a sport. I stoped two years ago because of my time table. But I did horse riding for eight years.
      I saw that you dream of becoming filmmaker. It's a beautiful dream! As for me, I dont know what I will can do in the future. But I would like to do a job which helps to make things happen. In English class, we talked about the jobs we admire. And you, what job do you admire?

      Supprimer
  4. Bonjour/Hey!
    Je m'appelle Lindsay et je n'aime pas la musique de rap. I like a variety of music like a lot of country music or artists like Fiona Apple and John Mayer or bands like Coldplay. Je joue au tennis. Les magasins que j'aime faire des courses sont Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, et Nordstrom.
    Ma première question: Qu'est-ce que vos magasins favorites aller faire des courses?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hello Lindsay ,
      I’m happy to talk with you.
      My name is Samir. I don’t really listen music but when I listen it’s rap the most of the time, I prefer watching series and movies instead of listening music. I practice boxing and I play soccer with my friend when I have time. My favourite soccer player is Messi and boxer are Mohammed Ali and Roy Jones Jr. My favourite shops are Foot Locker , Adidas warehouse and the Nike store . And you what do you watch on TV , or computer series,movies ? Me I watch Breaking Bad and Prison Break on Netflix and on TV I watch mostly soccer game .
      See you soon

      Supprimer
    2. Salut Samir!
      My favorites tv shows are Friends, Law and Order, and the Office. Je vois ce que tu aimes beaucoup des sports! J'adore au tennis seulement sauf pour au ballet car j'ai dansé au ballet pour 10 ans. Est-ce que tu connais Serena Williams? Elle est mon joueur favorite pour au tennis! Outre puis les sports, est-ce que tu aimes lire? I love to read (usually only when it's a good book) and I wish I had more time to do it too. School is pretty busy with homework, sports and clubs. Speaking of which, are you involved at school? I am a part of my school's tennis team, diversity club, techies (which set up and work backstage for plays), and ambassadors (which give tours during open houses and events at our school). Aussi, qu'est-ce que tes livres favorites? Mes livres favorites sont the Art of Racing in the Rain, Harry Potter, et the Great Gatsby.
      Nice talking to you!!

      Supprimer
  5. Bonjour! Je m'appelle Kaeli et j'adore la musique de country mais aussi j'aime la musique contemporaine. Je suis une danseuse donc on écoute beaucoup de musique contemporaine. J'adore Birdy et Jasmine Thompson.
    Our school system is similar to yours except we start with Kindergaten and finish with 12th grade. Also, our grading system is a little different and school starts at 8 am and finishes at 3 pm.
    Je suis excité de vous parler plus dans le futur mais pour ce moment qu'est-ce vous aimez faire après l'école comme les sports?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hello!
      My name is Marie-Louise, a typically French name! I surfed the net on your High school's website. It's very cool! It's near from Los Angeles! It's a school only for girls. How much time have you training in the week to dance? Are you boarder? all the week ? You are very brave to learn French because it's very hard. I still have difficulty. What is your grade? I'm in Première may equivalent to eleventh grade. The school start at 8am and can finish at 6pm despite it's more 5pm. We also start with Kindergarten. It is not obligatory but almost everybody go to the Kindergarten. I love exploring and would travel around the world. During my free time I do synchronized swimming, cycling and during the holidays I go hiking. I also play piano. At the moment, I play Faded from Alan Walker. Do you know him? Do you play a musical instrument? I like every type of music, but more electro or pop.
      I am happy to talk with you in the future!!!

      Supprimer
  6. Bonjour! Je m'appelle Daniela et j'aime tous les genres de la musique. J'aime faire de l'équitation et jouer au foot. Aussi, j'adore aller à la plage, explorer, et voyager.
    I have taken French since 3rd grade (for nine years now) so I decided to continue in high school.
    Je suis excité de vous parler:)
    Ma question est: Est-ce que vous avez déjà visité les États-Unis?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Daniela ! My name is Lily. I listen all kind of music. I like watch series , read, go to the cinema and I also like travel ! :) J'apprend l'anglais depuis que j'ai 10 ans et j'adore parler anglais !Je n'ai jamais visiter les Etats-Unis mais c'est mon rêve d'y aller et de visiter. Have you visit France ? My question for you is : Do you watch series ?:)
      I'm so happy to talk with you ;)

      Supprimer
    2. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

      Supprimer
  7. Bounjour!
    Je m'appelle Kimmie et la musique de rap n'est pas mon favori mais je l'écoute de temps en temps. Moi, j'adore les animaux especiallment les chevaux. That's why I am a vegan. I enjoy horseback riding, skiing, and cooking. Parce que le travail de ma mère, peut être je voyagerai au France ce Janvier quand elle y ira aussi.
    Qu'est-ce qu'on fait les week-ends à Strasbourg?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hello, Kimmie! Nice to meet you! My name is Assia and I love horses too. I did horse-riding during seven years, but I stopped two years ago, when I started the highschool because I had no more time to do it.
      Personaly, I'm very bad at cooking. I try to cook desserts, but even when I comply with the recipe, it's not a success. Except for my chocolate mousse, which is delicious!
      During the week-end, in Strasbourg, we can go to the city center. There are a lot of shops, restaurants, cinemas... It's easy to go there with the tramway. There is a place in Strasbourg called "la petite France". It's beautiful and picturesque. There is also "le jardin des deux rives" beetween France and Germany, there is a bridge wich links these countries. We can also hike in the moutain because it's not very far, and there are in Alsace a lot of medieval castles.
      And you?
      Which means of transports do you use in L.A, and how do you go to school? Can you go back to home at twelve or do you eat at the canteene?

      Supprimer
  8. Bonjour je m'appelle Camille. J'ai 16 ans. I'm in the tenth grade. J'aime beaucoup des genres de la musique comme le pop, 80s, et la musique française. Je n'aime pas vraiment le rap. J'habite à westlake village, une ville trente minutes ou une heure de Los Angeles. J'habite avec mes parents et ma sœur qui a 13 ans. J'aime nager, lire, sortir avec mes amis et regarder Netflix :) pour mon sport je fais de la natation chaque jour.
    Ma question pour vous est: qu'est-ce que vous aimez faire le week-end? Ou quand vous êtes en vacances et avez du temps?

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Hello Camille! My name is Assia.I live in Lingolsheim, near Strasbourg. I have two sisters and two brothers. Me and my twin sister Imane (she's on this blog too) are the youngest. The others are more than twenty years old, so they don't live with us. I love reading, drawing and listening music. You do swimming every day! waouh! you must be gifted! Personnaly, I did horse riding during seven years, but now, I have no more time to do it because of the hight school.
    During the week end, I like to relax. So, I do everything wich is pleasant: I sleep, I go out with my friends, I eat good meal, I watch DVDs... If I haven't too much homeworks!During the hollydays I invite my friends to my house, and I go to my grand mother who live in Nancy, two hours from Strasbourg. I also can hike in the mountain, or visite some place. And I go to the city center with my friends to make shopping.
    My question for you: How many lessons do you have per day? When do you finish?

    RépondreSupprimer